Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tampax should consider a new ad campaign.




I dun a bad, bad thang. Wait, let me blame this on my friend Chelsea. Chelsea dun a bad, bad thang. (That was a slight reference to the Chris Isaak song I happen to be listening to right now. It's right above- listen to it!)


Chelsea gave me her copy of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer to read. I finished all 498 pages (plus the preview for New Moon) in about 8 hours. Mind you, this was not 8 hours straight because I have little monsters running loose, but I was pleasantly impressed with the book's ability to hold my multi-tasking attention. Anyone who has children can vouch for a mother's ability to simultaneously process up to fifteen different thoughts and problems at once. I say fifteen only because I've never met anyone whose had more than fifteen kids; I'm fairly sure there is a woman out there who could top fifteen simultaneous thoughts though.

After I finished the first book, I had the absolute need to run out and purchase the rest of the series. I tend to get obsessed with things easily. I think this is one reason why I haven't really ever gotten drunk. I am almost certain that it would automatically mean AA for me. I'm one of those people that can't just dabble in something interesting to them. I'm a "whole hog" kind of a gal.

Anyway, I took the monsters to Books-a-Million the next day (four monsters in a book store should prove my compelling need adequately), and purchased the first three books in the series. I had to buy the first one even though I'd already read it, because you have to have them all in case you want to read the series again. Oh, and I have. That day I finished the other two (we're talking 800 some-odd pages), and would have started the series again, but it was so very close to dawn, and I needed some sort of beauty sleep or I would start to look like the Cullen family myself. The second time through the series started after I slept a few hours and fed the monsters their breakfast.

I can't believe that I didn't pick up this series earlier. I had heard about Edward and Bella, but I was only slightly interested in the movie. I think the book's sheer size was what deterred me from picking it up, but it really is an easy read. Not once during the first read through did I think about skipping pages.

So here is my question for those of you that have read the books. Does Bella have to avoid Jasper during her period, or would a tampon be enough of a deterrent? I only ask because the book never mentions anything about this, but Bella clearly seems to be suffering from PMS the entire time. It would be helpful to know should I encounter a real-life vampire, as well. I can see it now... Tampax, we deter vampire attacks! And that, dear people, is a scary look into my thought process. Aren't you glad you made it to the end of this post?


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

brooke said...

Hehe... that's actually a good question. Maybe menstrual blood isn't the same? Hmm...