Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm such a Phyllis

Last night, I went grocery shopping. Four kids on one full-time salary means Super Walmart. It's an evil company, I know, but we all have to eat.

Anywho, I bought this really cute summer dress that I fully intended to use as a cover-up while walking to the pool that is one block over. It's a sleeveless horizontally-striped shift dress that almost hits my knees. I love the plum and gray color combination, but it's not really suitable for public wear unless you're 75 with pink foam curlers in your hair.

Well, it's raining today. I got out of the shower and thought, "Well, I won't actually be leaving the house, so I guess it wouldn't matter if I wore my bathing suit cover-up all day. It's really comfortable, and I'm still not feeling that great. I'll do something with my hair so it looks like I planned to look this way."

Yeah, I had the best intentions. I'm still wearing my glasses (no contacts with itchy allergy eyes); my wet hair is sort of in a ponytail; and I don't remember putting lotion on. (Scented lotion always makes me feel dressed.) I'm a bum. I should just change my name to Phyllis, give up on trying to act my age, and surrender to the call of the house dress.

I should probably make an effort before Hubby gets home.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

LOL. It's okay, we all have those days. Something super comfy, I don't blame you.
It was in the 70 here today so I'm doing house work in my sweats and tee-shirt with no bra (something I don't leave the house without.) I don't think I ran a brush though my hair today, but I did my teeth if that counts for anything.
Okay, did I just admit that. Maybe I should make this anonymous. LOL