Monday, March 31, 2008

It's done!



I'm done with the ladybug blanket and Snuggle bunny. I finally like the ladybugs. They were quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done. Not in terms of difficulty, but they have been worked and reworked so many times I've lost count. I've probably used twice as much yarn as I should have, and I have a gallon-sized Ziploc bag full of ladybug attempts. Once I frog them all, I should have lots of yarn bits to add to the collage bin for the kids at work.
I used Caron's Simply Soft (my favorite yarn!) in red, black and white. The squares are half-double crochet, and the ladybugs are well, a disc. I can't really think of how to explain them. I made a big red circle, added a black half circle, a stripe, and six tiny black circles. I decided against adding a ladybug to every other white square because it didn't look right with even number of rows of white squares, so I alternated the way the ladybugs faced. I really like the ladybug on the back of the Snuggle bunny, too. She has a ladybug tush! Hee, hee!
I almost don't want to give this one away, but it's way to small for me! So it's been packed up and is awaiting Hubby to deliver it. It's for yet another co-worker's new arrival. I swear there's something going on at Hubby's office!
Next is a tiny blanket for a baby born at 28 weeks to a lady at our church. Her shower is in a few weeks, so I gotta get crackin'. Then I've got two friends expecting, one with a possible boy (sonogram wasn't clear) and the other one doesn't know yet. I've found a pattern for a yellow and green blanket with piggies on it, so I'm excited to go yarn shopping! I was good with the preemie's blanket, because I'm using up stash for that one. So I deserve a trip to the store.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


No comments: