Monday, March 31, 2008

It's done, part two!

I wanted to post this before I forgot to take pictures of it! The preemie blanket is now finished and waiting to be blocked (obviously). I've included a 15 inch ruler for scale.
I told myself that I couldn't shop for the next baby blanket until this one was finished, so of course, I had to finish it this afternoon!





It's made with Bernat's Baby Coordinates in white and blue bon bon. I used a cabled granny square pattern that I found in Crochet Today's March/April issue. Instead of assembling them like a rectangle, I put them in a circle because he's so little and doesn't need a lot of extra blanket.
The yarn is really soft and has a pearly white thread running through it. You may be able to see it on the blue section. The cable runs out from the center in the middle section, but it's a little hard to see.





In case you're wondering, the kids are on Spring Break, so I don't have to work either job. This may explain the extra time on my hands. Two down, two to go!

Oh! and no bunny to go with this one, yet. I'm not sure when he'll be leaving the hospital, so I'm going to wait until he's home to make his bunny.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comment:

twiddlestix said...

What a neat blanket! Love this pattern.