Thursday, August 7, 2008

To post or not to post, that is the question...

Some of you may already know that I wrote quite a bit when I was younger. Before life got in my way, I was either reading or writing short stories. I've never really had the patience to write a huge novel, but I wrote short stories as much as possible. I did write some poetry, too, but I don't like being restricted to number of syllables, rhyming, and line length.

Notice I didn't say they were any good. I've never claimed I was an author; I just write short stories. I stumbled upon a sheet of paper with story ideas on it a few days ago while looking for a car title (that's another story), and didn't really think much of it, so I threw it away. Well, of course, it's been on my mind since then. I decided to take the most interesting (to me anyway) and actually do something with it. Now I have a short story that's a little over three thousand words. I'm happy with it. I don't know that it's the best thing I've ever written, but I'm happy with it.

It's loosely based on something that happened to me at college, but I did embellish a bit for dramatic effect. I'm allowed to do that. So anyway, I'm debating on whether I want to put part of it on here. It's long, so if I did decide to put it on here, I would either have to only put part of it, or break it up into pieces. Let me know what you think. I'm thinking I could use some honest feedback.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: