Monday, August 25, 2008

Can Johnny come out and play?

I saw this play along on Adventures in Babywearing (who is almost ready to pop out baby #4), and I thought it would be fun to share. Plus, I'm kind of wanting another one, and I'm hoping that reminiscing will help because I really do not need another monster running around!

Preggy Facts:

1. Who did you first inform about your pregnancy and how?
With Bubby (9), Monkey (6), and Sissy (4), I told Hubby, but with Monster (2) I actually told my co-worker because I took the test at my job. Then I called my sister-in-law because I didn't think Hubby would believe me, but he might have believed her. I think he started laughing when she told him.

2. Maximum weight?
I never gained more than 30 pounds, and my largest baby was just over 7 pounds. All the boys had really big heads, though.

3. Cravings?
With Bubby, I craved everything, but the strangest was potting soil (it looked really yummy!). Monkey was my Sour Patch Kid/Taco Bell baby, Sissy was my salad/loaded baked potato baby, and Monster was my white cheddar popcorn baby. I vaguely remember a crying fit because Hubby wouldn't wake up at 2am to go buy me some.

4. Aversions?
The smell of onions and garlic cooking and the smell of beer with all of them. Of course, we lived above a family from Mexico during two of my pregnancies. Dinner time was not fun!


5. Morning Sickness?
Yes for all! I got down to one hundred pounds with my first- very scary! I switched doctors for the other pregnancies and discovered they had drugs you could take. Why my first OB/Gyn didn't give them to me, I'll never know. With Monkey, I got food poisoning and couldn't eat for three days, but still managed to keep my weight up.

D Day Facts:

1. Number of Kids/Deliveries?
Four kids/Deliveries

2. NSD or CS?
Three NSD (only one with epidural) and my last was CS. Monster was sideways; the doctor turned him, but he flipped back around like the monster he is! The nurses felt sorry for me and gave me the suite with the big bed and extra room even though I hadn't reserved it ahead of time.

3. Girl or Boy?
Two boys, a girl, and a boy in that order.

4. AOG (age of gestation) on Birth?
All 38 weeks except Sissy was 38 weeks and one day (She had to be born on Monkey's birthday. She still likes to hog the spotlight.)

5. How long in labor?
My longest was 2 hours and 15 minutes for Monkey; the epidural slowed me down apparently. Sissy was the longest and skinniest and she shot right out with one push and only an hour and a half's worth of labor. Bubby was an hour and 45 minutes. I kept track because my sister and I had a competition going. I won! I should say though, that I carried really low, always started dilating by at least 30 weeks, and was usually ready to go by 37 weeks. My last month of pregnancy was always miserable!

Moms Who Played Along:
Mai~Yen~Arlerie~Hailey's Domain~Haley's Beats and Bits~Can of Thoughts~Designs by Vhiel~Anything & Everything Between~Vhiel's Corner~Lourdes' Mia~Pinay Mommy Online~Livy Updater~Adventures in Babywearing~Crafty Mama

If you play along, please copy the above play-alongers and add your blog!



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Your Sissy sounds like my birth with Gray!

Steph