Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Music for Missions

I happened to stumble across a discussion thread on Ravelry that was promoting a live show at Austin's Coffee and Film in Winter Park on Friday. It sounds like a great time and a great cause.

The Tingle family (Wayne, Megan, Alison and Emily) are trying to raise money for a missions training trip to Mexico. Their eventual goal is to make it to Nicaragua under LifeLink International.

I have to admit, I don't really know these people, but I do know that a couple of our church's missionary families have had to leave the missions field because of finances. Anyone who is willing to follow God's command even in this tight economic state deserves what little I can do.

Hubby and I won't be able to attend because we have a youth group function already planned, but I hope that there will be a few more people to take our place.

Here's all the information-
Austin’s Coffee & Film

929 West Fairbanks Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789

Show starts at 9PM

The Pow Wow, Evangelin, Chris Hall will be performing. There is no cover, but donations will be accepted for their trip.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: