Sunday, June 24, 2007

Please don't kick the babies, thank you.

I'm really trying to think of something to do with that brown fur now. It's a chocolate brown, and it's kinda matted, like an old teddy bear. I really want to try a crazy animal/alien thing, but I'm stuck. I want it to be different, but every time I try to draw something out, it looks like something else I've seen. I need a break, I think. I feel like I'm trying to rush through things to get them done before my two older boys come home from grandma's house. They've been there a week, and I've only got one week left. Not like I don't have enough to do because the two younger kids are still here...
Oh! Speaking of the two younger ones, hubby and I took them to the mall to walk and play in the little play area (it's got a mini slide and things to climb on and through). Well, the littlest one (he's 18 months) was waiting to climb the three steps to slide down the slide (he LOVES slides) and this other little boy (probably about 2 or 3) was sitting on the top step and he turned around and put his foot in my baby's stomach and pushed him down with his foot! Well, I paused to see if the kid's parent was going to say anything, and because no one said anything, and I had no idea who the kid belonged to, I went over to the kid bent down so I was eye level with him, and said, "please don't kick the babies, thank you." Well, no sooner had I sat back down, then the kid's dad came over with him and asked what the problem was. I was glad hubby was there because he can get scary if he needs to, but it was cool. The kid's dad made a bigger deal out of it, telling his kid he needs to be nice and be careful with the babies, etc... Anyway, I'm glad I did it, but I always get nervous dealing with other people's kids. I mean, people I don't know. I deal with 2 and 3 year-olds all the time, but I know all their parents. And their parents recognize that I'm going to correct their children if they misbehave, but not some random kid in the mall.
Okay, so this is way longer than I thought it would be, so I'm gonna split it into two posts, because I still have things I need to write...

No comments: