Monday, September 17, 2007

It's a boy! (I hope.)




Hubby told me that a co-worker is expecting. I'm pretty sure he said it was a boy. I'm also pretty sure that he mentioned the mommy is eco-conscious. So I got me some fancy yarn! It's Bernat's Bamboo, and I strongly recommend you try it! It is so soft; it feels like cashmere. The only problem is it's hand wash only, and I made baby things with it. Oh well, it's her first.
I made the pattern up myself, and it's obviously not blocked. I HATE blocking, and it's a blanket- so who cares! The blanket was done in a half-double crochet lattice pattern with ten rows of lattice and one row of HDC alternating. The border is a shell stitch (or my version of it). The snuggle bunny (that's what I call them because that's what we call snuggly hugs in my house) is done with five rows of HDC lattice and one row of HDC alternating. It also has a shell stitch border, and the head and ears are single crochet with a much smaller hook. I couldn't tell you how many stitches I cast on; I'm bad about writing things down.
Oh, the colors are water (blue) and linen (off white).
Now I just hope it really is a boy!

No comments: