Sunday, September 30, 2007

It is not well for a man to pray cream and live skim milk.

For those of you who aren't my Hubby, just skip this post- you won't understand why it makes me laugh.

It is not well for a man to pray cream and live skim milk.
Henry Ward Beecher

Often times I wonder why our lives revolve so much around milk. We start with the bottle or nursing, and it continues to feed our lives, our bones, and our very souls.

Everyone in all walks of life have some contact with milk or milk products. The global impact of milk not only puzzles me, but gives me hope that everything will be safe, happy and sweet... much like milk.


We all have memories of milk: cookies after school, chocolate cake at birthdays, milkshakes on hot summer days and even cool autumn evenings.


A glass of milk holds memories, speaks to my soul, feeds my inner hunger, and quenches all my thirst.

No comments: