Monday, April 28, 2008

Date Night!



Hubby and I had a date night Saturday!!! He picked the restaurant, so I picked the movie. Not that I would have seen any other movie- HA! I had to see Street Kings (Warning: This link is loud). I've already saved this movie on my Netflix queue. Is that bad? No, the movie is just that good.
It's violent (I had to cover my eyes during some of it) and there is adult language, but the story line is very noble. Keanu Reeves plays a cop with a good heart but questionable character whose wife died while cheating on him. (Everyone now- awwww, poor baby.) He slowly finds out that those around him aren't what they appear to be, and he has to make difficult decisions about who he wants to protect. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, so that's all I have to say about that.
Hugh Laurie is in it also, and when his character appears, you are led to believe that he's a doctor. I was a little annoyed until he revealed who he really was. Don't get me wrong, I love House, but I know Hugh has the ability to play something other than a cynical doctor.
I haven't mentioned dinner yet for a reason. It was bad. Nothing against the Irish, but the meal I choose at the Irish restaurant we went to was bad. Chicken and bacon boxty is not something I recommend. The soup was excellent, and Hubby's fish and chips look yummy, but the boxty was bad. It was a tasteless, rubbery, thick crepe made with potatoes rolled around chicken and bacon. The only seasoning was sauce served on the side. The sauce tasted similar to the bloomin' onion dipping sauce they serve at Outback Steakhouse. I would love to know if this is an actual Irish meal and if it supposed to taste that way. Americans like to serve a lot of "fusion" dishes, and I really hope that this is just a bad example of what we can do to another culture's cuisine.
I still enjoyed myself. Keanu and Hugh can make up for a bad meal for me any day. Oh, and yeah, Hubby was there, too. ;)




Here's the trailer for you to enjoy.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: