Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Who needs a recycling bin when you have a jewelry box?

I wanted to pass along an article from Inhabitat on a Brazilian eco-designer named Mana Bernardes. She and her design team have taken discarded items and turned them into beautiful jewelry pieces. Even if you don't actually wear them (I don't think I could pull some off), they're still lovely as art pieces.
Side note- my used bobby pins never looked as nice as the pins she used in the first picture. I suspect those might be new.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

I love the Spatial Necklace! When ever I try to make something like this, it just goes weird. People like this must have a touch of fairy dust they sprinkle to make their finished products look so fantastic. Or, they are good and I am not? :)