Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's coming...

We have shot the next segment of the bag tutorial, but it's still being edited. It's a doozy, so I'm not sure if it will make it all on one clip or if I'll have part 1 and part 2.
My next video tutorial will be on assembling a eco-friendly shopping tote. I'll show you how to assemble my favorite one. It's not my pattern or process; I have to give full credit to queenofdiy on Craftster. She's shared it in pictures. I always "get" things easier after seeing someone do them, so I thought it would be helpful to someone else.






What makes this bag so great is that it folds inside of its own pocket, so you can keep a bunch stashed in the car for last minute shopping trips.
If you want to get a head start, let me warn you- use thin fabric! The thin cotton blends in the quilting department work best. While assembling, you end up with about 6 layers of fabric; it gets pretty bulky!

No comments: