Saturday, August 11, 2007

(((It's Parenthesis Day!!!)))




I just thought I would let you know what's been keeping me busy (because obviously, I haven't been on here fixing my mess of tutorial photos! Oh no, I haven't forgotten; I'm just not looking at them, so they don't exist.)
The tote is actually the second one like it I've done, but the first said Isabella not Stephanie. I'm making them for little girls that go to the school my kids go to (and I work at). The elementary aged kids aren't allowed to carry backpacks (due to space and safety), so Isabella's mom wanted me to use an old uniform to make a tote with. This is what I had to start, and this is what I came up with. I probably could have used more plaid, but I was afraid that I would botch it up and end up with nothing (which I do quite often). Then my boss (also the Office Manager) asked me to make another one for Stephanie (whose dad works at the school, too). Well, the name took me 2 hours by itself because it was done by hand (as I do not have $500 laying around to buy an embroidery machine). I think I may put a limit on name length for future bags. All my kids have 5 or 6 letter names- what's wrong with these people?
I will be working on totes for my boys (Monkey starts kindergarten- sniff!), but the boys don't wear plaid jumpers (obviously!). They wanted camouflage (which is harder to find than you'd think- thanks a lot, JoAnn's!). I'll post pictures of those when I finish (which needs to be soon- school starts the 15th!)

No comments: