Monday, January 12, 2009

Downward Dog sniffing your hair anyone?

We got the kids a dog for Christmas. Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, we adopted a beautiful, two and half year-old (non-pure bred) black lab. Yes, I know all about the numerous animals waiting to be adopted in shelters nationwide. No, I would never pay for an inbred puppy from a puppy mill.

What we wanted was a calm, already housebroken, big dog that would be good with the kids. I don't see the point in little dogs, and let's face it, the dog is going to get stepped on at some point. I would prefer that he doesn't get broken when it happens. What we got was a 62 pound dog named Goliath who thinks he needs to be sitting right next to or on me no matter what I'm doing.


Take this morning, for example. I've been slacking on the yoga over Christmas break. How much concentration do you think I can manage with all four kids running around? Well, I started back today, and the dog was more than happy to help. Laying on my back meant kisses to my face (ugh, dog breath); downward facing dog meant a wet nose on my neck and snuffling noises in my ear; warrior pose meant the dog trying to peek under my legs.

He's even helping me type right now. Oh yeah, this is gonna be fun.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: