Monday, October 6, 2008

That's it! Go sit on the porch!

Oy, it's been a while. I'm sorry- I know you people out in the interwebs are just chomping at the bit wondering if I've fallen off the edge of the world. I'm still alive!

This home school thing is harder than I hoped it would be. Not that I can't handle the first grade work, I just can't handle my whiny child. He hasn't figured out that the sooner he starts it, the faster he's done. He's allowed to watch tv after he finishes everything, but he insists on dragging his feet and whining the whole time. And when I say whining, I mean WHINING! He makes this high pitched, nasal "uuuhhhhhh" noise that reminds me of newborn puppies. It's not something I enjoy. We've been known to make him sit on the porch until he stops.

So, yeah, that's my rant for the day. In other news, we may be getting a Youth Pastor for our youth group! Hooray! Hubby and I will still be helping out, but someone else will be in charge of planning activities and giving devotionals. I'll probably still be picking games, but that's fine.

I still haven't finished those two baby blankets, but it's in the eighties outside, so I have time. I'm not procrastinating; I just don't have time. Well, maybe procrastinating just a little... What's new, huh?



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is Diana ... just checking to see if you got my e-mail I sent, to let you know you won the print giveaway.

I need your address to send it, so please contact me as soon as you can.

Thanks!